Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Maintenance Heads-Up

I'm going to be taking Blogger offline sometime within the next couple days for a big back-end upgrade. When it happens, we'll probably be down for three or fours hours. I'm not sure when it will be yet (as soon as I get done tweaking and testing things out). I'll let you know. I'm not going to promise any huge performance improvements as the result of the upgrade, because I'm not sure if that will happen (it's possible). I will promise that something will break, because I've modified one hell of a lot of code -- affecting virtually every part of the application -- and it's not likely I've caught all the implications of this. But if you'll be kind and notify me about these inevitable glitches, I'll get them fixed as quickly as I can. If all goes well, you won't notice much (except the potential performance improvement) because the changes are all on the back-end. But I've been dying to make these particular changes for almost a year, so trust me: they're a good thing. And they paint the way toward more significant improvements that you will definitely notice. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment